Sunday, February 15, 2015

Delwa Aunglor

Who am I? I am Or'Tel'Quessir. To some, I am known as the Adventuring Scribe from Candlekeep. To others, I am simply Delwa of Tangled Trees, an elf from the kingdom of Cormanthyr reborn. Among The People, my name is Delwa Aunglor, Secondborn of my House, and heir to the family name, and that is what I'm called by those who count me friend. To the others of my people, the less amiable, I am the forsaken heir to the once-lost House Aunglor Moonblade, and I am neither worthy of my title or position. To me, it is no matter. My wife, Lady Shawna, Armathor of Myth Drannor, wields the family blade with skill, and it is no shame to me or my House that her father was a Drow. She bears her mother's elven heritage with more dignity and honor than many of purer blood. My history is as shaded as my shadow-infused soul, and my story is not one often lauded by Lathander's priests. Life has made me a creature of Shadow, a Shade, and despite that curse, I use it to make the evil members of my wife's mixed blood fear the shadows all around them. I'm sure Shevarash smiles to see it. I've been a friend to some, a foe to others. To one Dwarf-become-deity I was a faithful companion, and I do homage to Frawd's name often. To Those Who Harp, I am a friend and ally, though those who wear the silver moon and harp are now a shadow of their predecessors. I have survived the death and rebirth of magic. I've traveled the planes and worlds beyond Toril, and even sparred with a goddess as old as this world can remember. I am Delwa, and I am Tel'Quessir.

Delwa is a Wood Elf Shade. He began as a PC in a Campaign a friend of mine ran, and eventually I retired the Character as a NPC for my home game.
Delwa retired from a life of Adventure shortly after the Spellplague in 1385 DR, and made his way to the library fortress of Candlekeep. He studied there for a short time, before undertaking a personal quest to search for tomes of knowledge to turn over to Candlekeep's care.
He also serves the Harpers as an informant, providing intelligence where needed, and occasionally striking a blow in the secret organizations name.
He has a twin brother, Saelis, who serves as a priest of Shevarash, the elven god of revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment